Many people have been opportune to serve their gift and talents to the world and in return, they have received a measure of value for their services. We have seen...
TOP 20 MYLES MUNROE QUOTES OF ALL TIME
Dr. Myles Munroe is one of the top five people that helped shaped my life to be who I am today. He is a mentor to many and leadership coach to business and government leaders around the world, Dr. Munroe, who once said, “the passion of my life: to help as many people as possible, of every nation, race, creed, or social status, to discover their true leadership potential”.
Born 20 April 1954, until his death in November 9th 2014 he led the Bahamas Faith Ministries International (BFMI) and Myles Munroe International (MMI). He was chief executive officer and chairman of the board of the International Third World Leaders Association and president of the International Leadership Training Institute.
Dr. Munroe authored 69 books covering topics from transformational leadership, personal development, spiritual growth, purpose, marriage and relationships. Some of his best-selling books included “Becoming a Leader”, “The Principles and Power of Vision”, “The Pursuit of Purpose”, “Understanding Your Potential”, “Rediscovering the Kingdom”, “The Purpose and Power of Love and Marriage”, “God’s Big Idea” among others. Dr. Myles Munroe’s book, “The Burden Of Freedom” revolutionized the thinking of many people regarding developing nations, particularly Africa and the Caribbean.
Dr. Munroe was awarded an Officer of the Most Excellent Order of the BritishEmpire (OBE) medal by Queen Elizabeth II in 1998 for his spiritual and social contributions to the national development of the Bahamas.
Munroe and his wife were killed in a private plane crash during airport approach on 9th November 2014. Bahamian officials stated their aircraft struck a crane at a ship yard near Grand Bahama International Airport. Munroe and the other passengers were en route to Freeport, Grand Bahama for a conference.
- Death can never kill an idea. Ideas are more powerful than death. Ideas outlive men and can never be destroyed.
- The greatest tragedy in life is not death, but a life without a purpose.
- You must decide if you are going to rob the world or bless it with the rich, valuable, potent, untapped resources locked away within you.
- I exist to transform followers into leaders. My philosophy is, trapped in every follower is a leader. My belief is, if that person is placed in the right environment, the leader will manifest herself or himself.
- Every human heart cries and yearns for the same thing: a chance to fulfill his or her own dreams and desires. Even the poorest man has a dream.
- Paradoxically, freedom requires the need to impose control on self, require more responsibility than slavery, and the decision to accept a destiny of freedom, recognizing the process and discipline that personal and political freedom require.
- The greatness of a man is measured by the way he treats the little man. Compassion for the weak is a sign of greatness.
- A true leader does not measure his success by comparing himself to others but by evaluating how he is fulfilling his own purpose and vision.
- People generally fall into one of three groups: the few who make things happen, the many who watch things happen, and the overwhelming majority who have no notion of what happens. Every person is either a creator of fact or a creature of circumstance. He either puts color into his environment, or, like a chameleon, takes color from his environment.
- We are a sum total of what we have learned from all who have taught us, both great and small.
- The original purpose for a product determines its design, composition, capacity, and potential. Purpose may be defined as “original intent” or “reason for creation.
- We are smarter not wiser, we live longer but not healthier, we have more but enjoy less, we go to the moon but not go home.
- To exercise leadership, you must believe that you are inherently a leader.
- Leader is not a right, but it is a privilege given by the followers.
- There is nothing as powerful as an IDEA. Everything created began as an idea. Ideas created and controls the world. Pursue divine ideas.
- Your existence is evidence that this generation needs something that your life contains.
- Purpose is when you know and understand what you were born to accomplish. Vision is when you see it in your mind and begin to imagine it.
- The wealthiest places in the world are not gold mines, oil fields, diamond mines or banks. The wealthiest place is the cemetery. There lies companies that were never started, masterpieces that were never painted… In the cemetery there is buried the greatest treasure of untapped potential. There is a treasure within you that must come out. Don’t go to the grave with your treasure still within YOU.
- Circumstances and crises are God’s tools to move you into your purpose and the maximizing of your potential.
- The Creator caused to be inherent in each created entity – including the apex of his creation, mankind – everything it needs to fulfill its original purpose. The original purpose for mankind, defined and established by the Creator, was to “rule (have dominion) over all the earth”. Since the word ‘dominion’ in this case means to reign and rule, the Creator wired ALL human beings with the capacity and natural ability to lead.